Monday, November 10, 2014

Where's the Veteran's Day Food?

Almost every other holiday or observance has its signature victuals.  You know the list.  The Thanksgiving Turkey.  The Christmas Turkey, or Roast Beast. Black-Eyed Peas and Corn Bread on New Year's Day (you might have to be from the South to know that one.)  Soul food, I suppose on MLK day.  I generally choke down a mattress on Presidents Day.  Chocolates for Valentine's.  Ballpark franks and burgers on Memorial Day.  More of the same on Independence Day.  Yet again on Labor Day, maybe jazz it up with Crab cakes.  Then Veteran's Day... what's to eat?

I could use some suggestions, Dear Refuters.  Unless you work for the Federal Gubberment, you generally don't get the day off.  How about something to throw in the crockpot?  Too lame?

It's apple season.  Anybody got a good pork/ham thing with apple?  I could serve it with my tasty Empty Lot Salad Greens with Culinary Mulch Dressing.  How about a computer-generated recipe?  Any geeks out there reading this? Note: I do not own a 3D printer.

Please act fast, and perhaps we can establish tradition together.  Happy Veterans Day, and if you and yours have served, my sincerest thanks.

Twitter: @unrefuted
Email: myirrefutableopinion@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment