Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ice Cream Moat, a Poem by M.W. Thomas

Dish me a scoop of ice cream,
Large or small.
What beautiful thing does not
Ice cream pair well with?
If my puppy wags her tail,
Then scoop me some strawberry!
If a new child is announced,
Let us celebrate with chocolate mint!
When they have finally paved my street,
Then it is time for a heaping bowl of rocky road!

What does ice cream not go with?
Thieves and liars.
Hurricanes and earthquakes.
The Pooping Cough.

Let ice cream hold the bad world at bay!
I shall dig a moat around my house
And fill it with ice cream.
Then I shall live in pure contentment.

2 comments:

  1. I eat an ice cream sandwich almost every day. It'll keep the ice creams thieves away. ~Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you eat, they can't steal it. Used to be true, anyway...

    ReplyDelete