Friday, January 16, 2015

By Any Other Nerd

Lance Eaton
Some people are as sublimely ridiculous as they are awesome. Lance Eaton, author of the subject blog, cuts just that silhouette in the background of the blogosphere. By Any Other Nerd is in itself a nearly complete library of Western Literature. In 2014 he read 365 short stories and posted articles on them. In 2013 it was 365 books. And those projects are but two little corners of his Frankenblog.  Is he a masochist? When does he have time to tend to his epistle-mania? He must have exited the space-time continuum.

By Any Other Nerd is the only blog an avid reader will ever need. The rest of us writers may as well log off our sites and settle in with Lance. In fact, I'm tempted to leave off here.


Lance's quest seems almost Quixotic.  Has his mind been kidnapped by books on blog-errantry? When I tab over from his blog to mine, I want to cry. I feel like Sancho Panza. "You obviously know nothing of the adventures of blogging !"

The rabbit warren that is By Any Other Nerd is fascinating to explore. My favorite way to navigate is by using his tag cloud, because he offers the joy of discovery, but he also has a search box if you have some idea of what you would like to find.

This blog punches well above its weight. I implore you to check it out. If you are a reader, I can almost guarantee you will love it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I'm on a quest...more like wandering aimlessly, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hypothetical from my ruminations... of course, you should speak for yourself. And you're welcome! Keep the lit coming.

      Delete