Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm a Mini-Hoarder

I reached into the cabinet and drew down the Rare Corojo cigar box. "What is this junk?" I say to myself as I open it. Here's a partial inventory:
  • An open package of AAA batteries
  • A bic lighter, almost out of fuel
  • Old business cards, with out-dated information (for my time-capsule?)
  • Old flowchart template
  • Gummy whiteout
  • Mini-cassettes
  • Driver's license that expired in 2007 (for my time-capsule?)
...and assorted other detritus. Why am I keeping this stuff?

I am not a major Hoarder, and I don't have to keep the blinds closed to hide my shame, but I do seem to have these little collections of piffle. A cigar box here, a coffee can there, you know the domestic bramble. I'm a mini-Hoarder.

Here's the worst part. I'm not going to throw it away. I'm going to close the cigar box and put it back in the cabinet. I can't help it. I'm sick.

Please share...

2 comments:

  1. You're a lightweight if you can fit your piffle in a few cans and a cigar box. The only people I've met that DON'T have a mini hoardom going on somewhere are sociopaths who can't make attachments. Be proud you can bond with an old flowchart template and some gummy whiteout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reassurance. Glad to know I belong to the herd.

      Delete